All Staff at the Pre-School are qualified to the appropriate level in Child Care and through continued professional development are also fully trained in current practice.
Many of the Practitioners hold other qualifications and wherever possible training is cascaded down to all practitioners, thereby enhancing everyone’s knowledge and understanding.
- Bristol Standard for Health
The whole team took part in the Bristol Standard for Health pilot scheme in 2017, focusing on two dimensions: Injury Prevention & Emotional Health and Wellbeing. We were invited to City Hall to receive our award on behalf of the Mayor of Bristol.
- Bristol Quality Improvement Framework
Ashton Vale Pre-School was awarded ‘outstanding’ in the Bristol Quality Improvement Framework, following an assessment by Nicky Bale, a Bristol City Council Early Years Consultant. We are very proud of this award.
- Bristol Standard
The Bristol Standard is a self-evaluation framework to help individual settings to improve on their previous best. It involves working together on developments to improve outcomes for all children and families and takes 3 years to fully complete. Year 1 is a full submission followed by 2 annual interim submissions.
In using the Bristol Standard, practitioners become part of a process that protects and celebrates the wonder of childhood through well-informed and reflective practice. The Pre-School has been undertaking the Bristol Standard Quality Assurance Scheme and is now on its final submission.
- In 2010, Sara and Lynne embarked on a new journey B/EEL the combination of Baby Early Effective Learning and Early Effective Learning
‘BEEL’ is a programme of supported self evaluation and improvement for all settings that provide early education and care for young children aged 0-3 years. The BEEL Programme is a time efficient, quality improvement strategy which offers within one programme:
* A quality improvement programme that takes settings up to, and beyond, minimum regulatory standards and supports them in a process of sustained and long-term development; * Professional and theoretical, work place focused, practitioner training; * Preparation for registration; * Preparation and support for OfSTED inspection; * A nationally renowned Quality Assurance Scheme.
- The Pre-School was also awarded this National Quality Assurance for 3 years between 2010 & 2013, a wonderful achievement.